Shopping for car insurance is not easy. There are so many alternatives, how to pick the right one? We have gathered the most useful and up to date information for buying and choosing the right car insurance. We hope this site proves useful for you in your quest! Don't forget to bookmark us and come back often!
by Matthew C. Keegan
Your latest car insurance bill has arrived and it is not a pretty site. In fact, it is downright ugly! What can you do? Must you remain hostage to the ever spiraling rate increases foisted upon you when your policy renews? In a word, no. Let's examine five strategies you can practice today to help reduce your car insurance premiums immediately.
1. Shop For A New Policy. Even with "loyalty discounts" in place, many consumers will find that a competing company will offer significant savings over your current plan. This especially holds
true if your state recently opened up the market to invite more competition in.
2. Change Your Coverage. If your vehicle is old, you many want to consider dropping collision coverage. Your comprehensive coverage may also be due for reexamination. Finally, make sure that there aren't duplicate costs included such as towing insurance if already offered through your automobile club.
3. Family Status. You may be paying more for your insurance if your policy shows that you are single when, in fact, you were recently married. Rates
Get a free brand new car!
are generally lowered for married folks as well as those over a certain age.
4. Up Your Deductible. You can realize instant savings by raising the deductible you are willing to pay. Maybe you don't need a $200 collision deductible when $500 is sufficient.
5. Get Security Discounts. If you park your car in a locked garage and/or have an alarm system installed make sure that your insurer is aware of this as your premium will be adjusted downward.
In many cases you can also save on car insurance by bundling it with your
homeowners insurance. Finally, talk with your broker to see whatever other measures you can take to realize additional savings.
About the Author
Copyright 2005 -- Matthew Keegan is The Article Writer who writes on a variety of topics including: advocacy, automobiles, aviation, business, Christian themes, family, news, product reviews, travel, writing, and more. Samples from his portfolio are available right online.
Georgia Car Insurance Quote - What Is A Good Deal? -
Some Georgia statistics The average auto insurance expenditure for 2003 was $758.69 per year. When compared to the rest of the United States...
Carrying Car Insurance Is A Smart Choice -
Carrying car insurance is a crucial decision for anyone on the roads today. With so many drivers on cell phones, eating fast food and even watching...
Car Insurance Estimate -
Car Insurance Estimate Shopping around for a car insurance estimate is not something most people look forward to. It is one of the least...
Save money on young driver car insurance. -
Save money on young driver car insurance. A study recently released has revealed that the average driver in Britain will be involved in a car...
Car Insurance On Rentals -
When it comes to car insurance, there are a couple of traps you can fall into. The contracts are complicated and extremely difficult to understand,...
Need more information? Try a search:
Latest news on Car Insurance