Shopping for car insurance is not easy. There are so many alternatives, how to pick the right one? We have gathered the most useful and up to date information for buying and choosing the right car insurance. We hope this site proves useful for you in your quest! Don't forget to bookmark us and come back often!
by Robert Lawrence
Purchasing car insurance can be somewhat complex. The more information you're armed with will help you save money. Below are 10 ways to save money on anyone's car insurance.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) - Try your best to have a clean license. This means no speeding tickets or violations for at least 39 months. Car insurance rates favor drivers with clean licenses.
- No accidents - I know people don't try to have accidents, but being accident free for at least 39 months usually places you in any insurance company's most preferred rating tier.
Insurance - Insurance companies look favorably upon those
had insurance for at least 6 months. If you currently have insurance, try not to let it lapse and then look for new insurance. Keep it in force continually.
- Good Credit - More and more insurance companies are looking at an individual's credit rating to determine insurance rates. The better your credit, the better rate you'll receive on your car insurance.
- Defensive Driver Certification - Anyone can sign up to take a Defensive Driver course. The course is usually 6 hours in length and upon completion; you're entitled to receive an 8-10% discount off your car insurance.
- Select Modest Vehicle - Insurance for
cars is related to the
Get a free brand new car!
actual vehicle itself. Obviously the more expensive the car the more expensive the insurance. Try to purchase a modest vehicle thus making the cost of the insurance less expensive.
- Deductibles - The deductible you choose on your auto policy is the amount deducted from a claim, which you're responsible to pay out of pocket. A higher deductible relates to a lower insurance rate.
- Multi Vehicle Discount - Car insurance policies offer a discount once you have more than one vehicle insured. Normally the discount is 25%. If you have more than one auto policy in your household, you should combine the two and take advantage of the savings.
- Package Policy - Companies offer a discount to policyholder's if you insure a home (condo, or renters policy) with them as well as your car insurance. The savings on the car insurance may pay for the complete cost of a renter's policy or will provide a large discount on a homeowner's policy.
- Address - Try to live
outside of a major metropolitan proper area. The suburbs can be
40% cheaper to insure a car vs. a city address.
About the author:
Robert has been a licensed insurance agent in New York since 1988. He is currently a partner with the insurance quote service, Insurance4USA.com.
Discount Car Insurance - Saving Money On Car Insurance Is Easy -
Car insurance is one part of our family budget that we will always have to deal with and so it behooves us to get better informed. We would all...
Tips To Avoid Car Insurance Premium Increases & Becoming Assigned Risk -
Below are some tips to reduce your auto insurance bill, prevent substantial premium increases and avoid becoming assigned risk. Claim Reports: You...
The Different Elements Of A Car Insurance Policy -
The phrase “car insurance” implies that what you are insuring is your car, but the realities of car insurance are a bit more complex than that. When...
Factors that change the price of your car insurance quote. -
Copyright 2005 Stacey Zimmerman When looking for a good car insurance quote that combines the coverage you need with a good, affordable cost there...
Cheap Sports Car Insurance - Some Tips To Save Money For Those Who Like To Drive Fast -
Lets face it, this is probably not going to happen. Sports cars are expensive to buy, to run and to insure. However, you can keep your premiums down...
Need more information? Try a search:
Latest news on Car Insurance